Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pick a decade...

It's reading week here and each day has a theme you're supposed to dress for, today was dress a decade, or something like that. I figured the 80's and 90's would be well represented and the materials I had on hand would work for... the 50's!! So I sat down and made 2 poodle skirts, one with a scottie dog and one with a guitar. They are great for twirling and everyone loved them! Jr. and George were also thrilled with how they came out, always a bonus.

I did end up buying some felt and the lease for the scottie dog so the grand total on this project ended up being $6.00. They already had the shirts, shoes, and accessories. Happy kids and one last ditch effort on my part to be the cool mom.

1 comment:

An Wanna said...

I had a poodle skirt, I liked it. I think your mom made it...