Thursday, June 17, 2010

Finding my Workspace

Part of the time I'm taking off is being used to organize and redefine my workspace. I moved the computer out of the den and into the family room kitchen. The den is now really going to be the sewing room.

ElCid is going to refurbish the clown car to make it fly. He is going to take up the garage for an undetermined amount of time. After that I'm going to try and convince him that my dad ought to come and help me finish the garage and convert it into my workspace and then the sewing room will become Jr.'s bedroom.

I really don't want to lose my garage but the girls need their own space. Nan and I had many screaming I HATE YOU!!!! fights that could have been avoided if we had our own space to go to.

So here is the sewing room today.

I still need to work on those shelves and all the fabric is in the living room, *sigh* my poor living room. The shelf above the cutting table needs to move to my room over ElCid's computer desk.

The poor living room covered in my fabric.

I'm not even sure where to start sorting all this!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh! There is actually a room under all that fabric? I always thought you constructed your work space out of your work materiasl and it was really supposed to be part of your back porch or something!

Karen Valinda said...

Sorting... start with color, that way your girls can help. Then you can worry about going by fabric types.
My computer is being "fixed" and so I only come here at Brent's good graces... he is done switching laundry.
xoxoxox
vw:restes, what Ddonn does in between projects ;-}

Hillary said...

AMAZING. Can't wait to see it "all done". Good luck!