Thursday, April 23, 2009

Poor little George

As I mentioned in Fred's birthday post George has been sick. Late Friday she ran a low grade fever, it seemed to be gone Saturday but she still wasn't quite herself. Obviously at lunch she really got into it and was warm on and off through Sunday, but never again quite as high as Saturday.
(Late Saturday night)


Monday I was running crazy for Family Night and I was working on a costume she trudged behind me and laid about but was up and running for dance class. ElCid picked her up from dance and got her changed to come to family night he asked me then if I new that she had a rash and nope I surely did not. The rash kind of came and went and I really didn't think much of it until Tuesday night when Jr. came in with that "look what she did face" and I was greeted by this!


Apparently she had been itchy in the backyard. I stuck her promptly in the tub and most of the hot pink look went away I gave her Benadryl and looked up her symptoms on WebMD and besides the ithing, which I really think was the heat and the dirt and the weeds, she fit the bill for Roseola. It claimed that is rare after age 4 but George continues to prove all sorts of rules wrong.

She has continued to have a whiny, grouchy week. She has crashed out a few times in the afternoon but refuses to have an actual nap. Here is how I found her this morning after my shower. She is watching TV.
The rash is fading but if she doesn't feel better soon I might be crazy before she gets better!

4 comments:

Safire said...

Awww...poor little girl!! Hope she feels better soon!

Kathy said...

Tell George that she should eat some Dreyer's Mint Chocolate Chip. It fixes a lot of woes!

Linda Gubler said...

OH...so sorry George! Painful! Hope Mom and George feel better soon.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

george?!? what tha....oh my dear baby girl. i hope u get beter.