Thursday, January 8, 2009

Crafts with Jr.

That statement ought to strike fear in the hearts of all you readers. It's a lot like doing crafts with Flo :) , you have to be patient, you have to be flexible and you have to be willing to finish once they are done. Not that they aren't willing to finish, they just can't.

Jr. got a fleece tie blanket for her birthday and I put her off on doing it until now just for the reasons I witnessed today. There were tears and frustration and much happiness once I finished. Lucky for me the blanket had lines as a guide for the cutting and once I laid the top on the bottom she was able to very carefully and slowly cut all the ties herself. With her wearing a huge smile of success I went to show her how to tie it, and that is when it all hit the fan. She can tie her shoes but not very well and she doesn't do it very often. Most of her shoes are slip on, Velcro or have Y-ties. I couldn't handle all the whining and tears so I jumped in and started tying. She was grateful but the whining and crying only escalated because I was faster than she was.

I just ignored the noise and finished the project. She was all smiles again once it was done and loves her new blanket!
These other 2 pictures are a Skittle creation, an umbrella, George made on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

oh ur patient. there would have been wailing and knashing of teeth if this happened at my house.

Hillary said...

Oh something else to look forward to ... YIPPEE!

Karen Valinda said...

I just took JE's untied (for 2+yrs) fleece set with me and tied it in peace and quiet (before my grandchildren woke up) on New Year's Eve... while he was at Dad's house ;-} I am a chicken... and I remember the anguish involved when he tied the blanket he gave Eli!
He claimed he had wanted it to stay in 2 pieces once he got home and saw it but he hasn't untied it yet!
xoxoxox