Saturday, March 1, 2008

Goin' to the Zoo

We're back from the Zoo and it was a success!

I love taking my kids to the Zoo. It is one of my own favorite childhood memories and while parts of the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium have changed it is still enough the same that I can remember leaning over the huge tank wondering if I could fall in really.

The walrus ET has been there as long as I can remember (1982 according to his label).

When the Beluga whale was added my Dad's work helped with some of the stuff and my family got to go and see it behind the scenes. I wasn't able to go but still.

The kids were very sad that the Polar Bears were unavailable but they got over it.

After seeing everything we went to Owen's Beach and had picnic lunch. They threw rocks and sticks in the water and also managed to shove a huge log into the Sound as well.

For dinner tonight we're having a hot dog roast in the fire again and then it's time to get ready for Church in the morning.

My car is fixed good as new, I also washed and vacuumed so I can drive it back through the dust and weather clean. :)

1 comment:

Beki said...

We went when the SHARKS were made all fancy, silly! Though we did get to feed/pet the beluga as part of our 'exclusive' time at the zoo.