Thursday, January 17, 2008

This WAS the year

I don't really like New Year's resolutions. I think if you're going to set a goal just do it, but usually I do "resolve" at the beginning of each year (right after Christmas) that this next year WILL be the year I stay out of overdraft, that this WILL be the year I don't buy my kids too many things and I do really well for a week or two (like most resolutions) I didn't buy anything from Target clearance and they are going to spend their OWN money this weekend at Build a Bear and Disney on Ice. Then today we went to Sam's Club (and it's ALL the tomatoes fault) and on the clearance rack was the camera I wanted to get Jr. for Christmas but it was $70, today it was $22. There was also The Rose Petal Cottage I wanted for George but she would be the only one who can use it for very long it was $120, today was $40. I HAD to get them!! It was a force I couldn't resist. (Flo STOP laughing!) So my kids got stuff today. That will be the last thing they get ... until Easter. (Flo STOP laughing!) If I hadn't had George with me I'd have saved the stuff for Easter...maybe... oh well, I'll do better and there's always NEXT year!

3 comments:

Karen Valinda said...

So, is the clearance rack near the tomatoes? (Is Flo laughing?)
I and Jr and George feel you made excellent decisions! Especially if Jr lets Grammy try out her camera... I was yearbook photographer! I know a couple of things about cameras and picture taking... and Jr could teach me a couple more! George should tell Grammy all about the rose petal cottage, sounds awesome. xoxoxox

Hillary said...

I know! Yesterday I got a 20% off coupon in the mail for the children's place. That coupled with "take an additional 30% off already reduced merchandise" made me forgo my resolve that Sarah doesn't NEED any new clothes (thanks to George, of course). I ended up buying 2 sweaters, a shirt and jeans for her... We are calling them her birthday clothes. Ah the resolutions.

redheadsmom said...

Yes flo definitely had a good chuckle but I can't say I wouldn't do the same!