Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Lunchbox Man

There is construction going on ALL over Vegas, and in our neighborhood. I'm really glad people have jobs and all but I'm over massive delays on EVERY road I drive on. I really wish I was joking.

A few days ago as Fred and I were driving into our neighborhood we were discussing the signs and what the workers were doing. I mentioned something about there being a flagger ahead. She asked how I knew and I pointed out the flagger ahead sign.
 
Her response was the lunchbox man? I laughed a little and asked who. She replied, the lunchbox man. That man on the sign who stands there holding his lunchbox so you know there are guys working up ahead. I chuckled again and said or maybe it's a guy holding a flag to let you know there's a flagger ahead. She agreed that could be another explanation and was amazed that after all these years she's still learning new things from me.

So the next time you see that sign remember there are guys working up ahead, and possibly eating lunch too. ;)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

So funny! I will always see the lunchbox man from now on.

Karen Valinda said...

me too!

An Wanna said...

She has a good point. It doesn't look like a flag. And in my experience most "flaggers" hold stop/slow signs.