Saturday, June 18, 2011

Stuck in the Middle

When we moved into this house Fred and Jr shared a room. George wasn't born yet but she had a room all to herself once she did arrive. After a year when George was switched to a real bed all 3 girls had the same sleeping/getting dressed room, the other was just a playroom. 2 and a half years ago I switched Fred and Jr to the bigger room and George got her own. Fred and Jr had more toys in common and I wanted to keep the bunk bed together. George enjoyed her own space but never managed to keep it even close to clean and lately she's been coming in to ElCid and I saying she wants someone to sleep with. Last night I started devising a plan and today was the day! Fred now has the smaller room to herself and Jr and George are sharing the big room. The beds are bunked because they have far too much stuff and it fills the floor. I managed to get most of Fred's room together and we moved the beds in the big room and got them stacked. We hauled out many big black bags of garbage and have quite the stack for DI. I was inspired to make the move partly because Fred will be getting up much earlier than the other 2 in the fall, partly because I've been watching Hoarders and partly because maybe a change in venue will help them go to bed better, maybe.

Here are some pictures to be amazed and scared by...

Before
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Middle, we still have a lot of work to get done

A LOT to get done...

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Just light a match in there! Ha, ha. Just kidding. Trash bags should be filled and set by the curb without looking inside. Just sayin


WV:scenymp

"Mom, where's my stuff?"

"I haven't scenymp."

Safire said...

Looks like you've gotten a lot of work done! :)

Karen Valinda said...

The before pictures make me feel a little better about JE's before and middle pictures!!! I didn't get an after one and now Moga and Matey are in there ;-Þ
Very Nice! Fred has a new (to her) bed, right? That is cool. Jr and George certainly look happy in the bunked beds. Way to go girls xoxoxox

Linda Gubler said...

Yeah, watching hoarders is getting me scared straight :-) Looks really nice!

An Wanna said...

I took pics/film of the 3 rooms we are organizing this summer. Hope to have some middle and after pics soon. Especially for my room. That or I could just call it box land and charge people admission to visit....