Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's about time!!

Tonight was the last show and I finally got some pictures! Somehow even though I told Beast to come find me in costume he didn't so I will have to hope someone else got a picture of him.

Presenting - Beauty and the Beast Jr.

The Enchantress, she needs something else to make her pop, I need to figure out what.


Cogsworth & Lumiere, he really doesn't wear flip flops. Babette.

Cogsworth, Lumiere & Babette

Mrs. Potts & Chip



Madame De La Grande Bouche


I was totally happy with how my table settings turned out!

Fork, napkin, plate, spoon & knife - did I get them in the right order?


Plate detail

I made the stencil for the table settings, I couldn't find anything I liked. Lucky for me someone told me how to do it!

The villagers were asked to bring in parts of their costumes. The girls were assigned skirts & shirts. I borrowed some shirts and skirts from a local performing arts school. It was a lifesaver as some of the parents didn't understand the notes sent home the way I hoped they would. I made the corsets with help from a friend and the vests were both purchased and made. The picture below is a borrowed shirt & skirt as well as a girl whose parents could read and brought in a great outfit. The things brought in were altered to be closer to the time period we were going for.


The boys were asked to bring in long sleeved button down shirts and pants that I cut off and put elastic in. Some were left long to mix it up.

Gaston & the Silly Girls. We found his boot covers on ebay. I made his shirt and the girls' tops. He was very convinced that I had made his shirt way to small and too short! I tried to explain to him that actually I had made it to fit him unlike the shirts he usually wears that could probably fit me, no joke. Even today when he handed it in for the last time he let me know it really is a bit small. :)


Gaston making a deal with Monsieur Darque - Kill the Beast!


Fred & Narrator 4 ... all of Belle's costumes were made by her Grandma.


Oh look, it's me. And Mrs. VP, Mrs. P has the mic and is telling everyone I stayed up way too late into the night making the kids look fabulous, she knows because I was on facebook at 3 and 4 am, the other 2 are Mrs. Director & Mrs. Asst. Director


ElCid, Jr, George and My Extra Kid enjoying the show.
The bag as tall as George is Kettle Corn - yummy!

5 comments:

Karen Valinda said...

Amazing!!! We are impressed! Chrisopher and Grammy give it two thumbs up!
xoxoxox

An Wanna said...

Nice costumes! I must say I find it amusing that you didn't make the one costume you have the most experience with. But I am sure you are okay with someone else making the more complicated one since you are busy.

Kathy said...

Too bad your school is dumb and did the performances on school nights only! Dumb.

On the positive side, those costumes are awesome!

Safire said...

Amazing costumes!! You did a great job! Can't wait to see you next week! :)

Linda Gubler said...

WOW!!!! Impressive :) - Katie