Saturday, September 26, 2009

Which would you rather buy?

Since my work has been a little bit slower than I'd like (we had to cancel our trip to D!sneyl@nd for Christmas/our Anniversary) I'm looking into other opportunities for work. Right now I'm making Halloween costumes for my kids and after that Jessica's is trusting me to remake her wedding dress for Baby A to be blessed in and Kora to wear at her baptism. My friend Jen in WA is having a boutique sale the end of Oct. beginning of Nov. and has offered me a space there to sell items/take orders. I think it will be fun to give it a try, and get my name out with something other than adult costumes so here's the question --

If you were to go to a boutique sale in the late fall what would you be most interested in buying?

Fancy / Sunday dresses

Themed sets


Dress up / play clothes


Or would you be looking for something else? Let me know!

12 comments:

Kathy said...

If I had endless amounts of money, I would buy the blue sunday dress, the pink and black sunday dress, and all of the dress-up ones!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i would buy fancy sunday dresses or unique costumes!

Safire said...

I would more than likely buy the costumes, or fancy dresses themed for Christmas. Looks like a fun project for you!

creeks wife said...

I love the fairy dress should definately do that one. I also like the pink and black sunday dress. I am not big into themed stuff though.

An Wanna said...

I would buy all 3 children they are cute! I would think fancy/sunday dresses would be a hit. Also do you make hand muffs or cape/shawl things? I recall way cutey stuff like that from one of the winter weddings where the children aren't throwing snow.....

Karen Valinda said...

I would be looking for holiday worthy dresses and maybe dress up clothes as Christmas gifts... with the right age group the costume/ dress up stuff is a good choice.
Nice assortment Ddonn, you do a good job, THAT'S for sure ;-}
xoxoxox

Hillary said...

All three would do well here in SF. Have you thought of opening an etsy shop?

Beki said...

Am I the only one who wants to know what else is in her boutique sale? Or is everyone else ahead of me? Because you'll need to be close enough to appeal to the people that already shop there while distinguishing yourself enough that they can see that you're doing something different. Right? I don't really know about marketing, but that's what it seems like...

Susan said...

Hey Valinda,

Exactly. In the sale, who is the target audience? Where is the location? an will it be outside or inside?

Other than that. I didn't realize business was slow. Maybe we should talk over the phone. Are you interested in some serious marketing? There are some simple things you might be able to do. Maybe I can help?!?!?

Krysten said...

I think Holiday fancy dresses would be a good choice. Any boy things? Like vests or ties to go with those fancy Holiday dresses.

Linda Gubler said...

the dresses are really cute but those models are ADORABLE!! Maybe you could make and sell those :-)

El Cid said...

All the dresses are great!