Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Working and Stuff

I've got the summer time blues, or something like that.
I feel kinda - bleh.

Here is a rundown of our trip to Provo. Thursday we went to St.George and stayed the night at Kathy's. It was Bubba's birthday and we had fun hanging out. Friday we spent the morning being lazy and then we made our way to Provo. We made it to myZanne's house with no exploding tires, messes in the car or other unwanted excitement. We went to Sizzler for dinner, I'd never been and had a good time until George declared that she was going to be sick. Lucky for me I made it into the bathroom before she made that "you've got 5 seconds to find me a toilet" noise and we were safe. Saturday we woke up late and made our way to Sue's house for myZanne's party! It was a lot of fun and I got to see a lot of her family I had met only at the wedding. We stayed at Sue's house after the party and made scrapbook pages for her baby book. We went swimming at myZanne's pool and then had 5 Buck pizza for dinner, it's still yummy. Sunday we went to church and then packed up and headed back to St. George. Once again we made the trip without any excitement. Monday I made pants for Bubba's baptism out of J's original Temple pants. I'd never made pants with a working zipper before. They look great, but they are an exact fit, so Kathy better not feed him too much in the next two weeks.

I let him do a funny face as a reward for holding still and smiling nicely for the first picture.
We watched Gilmore Girls, ate snacks & popcorn, had sodas and cleaned her playroom, again. We trade cleaning projects, it works out. We went swimming to wear my kids out and then I made my way back here to get ready for my summer project. Yesterday we had a planning meeting and today we made 5 rehearsal skirts, sorted the fabric and decided what to tackle first. I also have a Princess Beauty to work on. I will be working from 10 to 4 most days and I'm going to need to find fun things to do with my kids in the evenings so they will have some fun this summer.
Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Who's kid is this? He is so dang good-looking-and funny to boot. Dang, he really is the whole package for some undeserving woman in the future!

El Cid said...

I must agree, that kid's going to have 'em lining up in a few years. I suggest the park!

An Wanna said...

i think you should take your kids to an indoor park. I have heard they exist some places and I would think you should have some with it being so stinkin hot there....

Karen Valinda said...

AnWanna is experiencing her first southern Idaho summer...
Great job on the pants Ddonn and awesome job on the goofy boy Kathy!