Sunday, January 25, 2009

When time flies

8 years ago next month I was sobbing my eyes out because I had just found out I was pregnant with Jr.

Tonight I had to hold back my tears as she looked so grown-up at the baptism fireside. She has always been my hard to let go of kid.

When Fred went to Kindergarden I had a party, no tears. When Jr went I nearly cried. When Fred went to first grade it was time for an even bigger party when Jr went she cried at first and so did I.

Tonight she wasn't crying just looking like somebody ready to make big choices in her life and I am very proud of the young lady she is becoming.

*The girls pulled down their Matryoshka dolls today and George just came up to me with a medium size doll and shook it explaining "this is you with me in your tummy". She cracked open the doll and sure enough there "she" was inside. :) *

3 comments:

Safire said...

I can't believe she is going to be 8!! Wow...time really does fly.

And cute about George and the dolls. Funny what they come up with.

redheadsmom said...

Eight years ago, I was laughing my head off that your "counting" method didn't work! But aren't we so glad? She is so fun and sweet.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

that is so freakin funny. oh and i'm assuming you were crying because you were sad...given the "counting method" comment. i sure hope i'm wrong though because i'm on the "counting method" birth control right now. well...right NOW i'm on the "i don't have a husband living in the same house as me" method. but you know what i mean.