Tuesday, October 28, 2008

There is a reason!

So up until 10 years ago when ElCid and I got married I was happily writing out tithing checks to whichever ward I lived in but when we got married I stopped and began writing out the whole name of The Church at ElCid's insistence. I never asked why I just did it, see I can be an obedient little wife. Last night ElCid and I were discussing some tax stuff I'm trying to figure out about PTSO and I discovered the reason why he insisted I write out the whole name. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has 1 tax id number. When a new Ward or Branch is created that new entity gets a charter letter letting them use the number, this is also one of the reasons why each ward and branch is internally audited every year. Sometimes during an IRS audit agents can be a little bit particular and when they see a check written out to Kansas City 2nd Ward as opposed to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints they get picky and want to be brats about the whole thing. So that is why my sweet little CPA insists that I write the check out to The Church instead of the Ward.

Hmm maybe there is a good reason he asks me to do other things...nah!

3 comments:

Karen Valinda said...

Nah! But he is so cute, you can't resist, eh?

xoxoxox

Zanne said...

LOL. I used to write out the whole name of the church until MY Hubby said, "You don't have to do that. You can just write the name of the ward, you know." Ah well.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

odd...i never thought to make it out to the ward, i've always made it out to the church. elcid would be proud of me.