Wednesday, October 29, 2008

ENVY

Tonight ElCid and I were invited to dinner by his super nice client from Boulder City. She is Chico's owner the Chihuahua my kids LOVE. We went to a restaurant call ENVY. It was amazing!!!

It's one of those places that they pull out your chair and put your napkin in your lap and you have 3 sets of silverware for unknown reasons. It was kind of out of the way off The Strip but so worth hunting down.

What did I have?? Well this is the menu. To start we all shared the Envy Signature Truffle Reggiano Fries, totally fabulous, and the Lobster Mac & Cheese. I wasn't brave enough to try it I will admit. I also had the ENVY Salad: Cracked Mustard and Balsamic Vinaigrette.

For dinner I had Apple Cider Marinated Organic Pork Chop with Caramelized Apple & Fennel Salad. The pork chop was like 4 inches tall and fantastic!! I could only finish about half of it and was sad I couldn't eat more. :)

To finish it all off I tried the Meyer Lemon Mousse with Fresh Berries. It was lemon clouds with raspberries on top layered with purred raspberries and whipped cream. It was luscious!!!

It was a lot of fun to go somewhere so fancy and be with real grown-ups. Thanks Lisa!!

3 comments:

redheadsmom said...

When we are so rich that we don't know what to do with our money, we will have to go there!

Karen Valinda said...

What a fabulous way to celebrate Beki's birthday! I will have to try it myself sometime ;-}

xoxoxox

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i'm EXTREMELY jealous of your dinner i have NEVER had a dinner like that but have always wanted to enjoy it. maybe one day when austin works for a big firm they'll take us out!!