Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm not dead yet...

Or on bedrest! Which is a very happy thing for all of us over here.

I'm 30 weeks and Jack-Jack is becoming a bigger part of our lives everyday. Well that is until I run into yet another person who tells me they "can hardly tell I'm pregnant". Yes, all of them are alive and unscathed. Gold star for me.

She is also becoming quite entertaining. Last week I was laying down watching TV and she was literally bouncing off the walls. She would shove off from the bedside of my stomach bounce into the other side and do it all over. She did that 4 or 5 times before she got bored and moved one. Last night I was laying down watching TV again and had my hand resting at the top of my stomach. All of a sudden there was something small, hard and pointy poking me! I'm not sure if it was a fist, heel, elbow or what but it was the first time something that small had been out there that far. I called for ElCid and she did it again. I called for ElCid again, again and she had moved on. 

I did fail the glucose test 2 weeks ago so I'm on a really boring, rather regimented diet. Bleck. Nothing brings out the 4 year old in me faster than someone telling me what to do. Unfortunately it's Jack-Jack who could end up worse for the wear so I try to keep my "you're not the boss of me" tendencies in check. 

I'm having Dr. appts every two weeks (next check-up is the 27th), check my BP 3 times a day, and blood sugars 4 times a day. I have definitely been inspired to get in better shape and stay that way because none of this is fun, or how I want to live my life permanently!

No comments: