Wednesday, September 10, 2008

25...

I had to start digging and scanning to get the picture,
I wasn't cool and digital from (Jan) '03 - '78

Today the important thing is my friends, the old, the new and the now lost (Casey Tschudy where are you??). From them I draw inspiration on how to live my life and sometimes not. I respect them, envy them, help them, laugh with them, cry with them, see naughty movies with them (oops did I say that out loud?), and they have also made me the person that I am. Thank you for all of the love and support you have shown me over the years. I love all my friends and would love to talk about all of them but that would get really long. 2 do get special spotlights because they know more dirt about me than anyone else and I'd hate for it to come out.

First is MyZanne. I met her in Choir my Sophomore year at HFHS. She is 6 months younger and a grade behind but that didn't keep us from becoming inseparable. I'd never met anyone who got me so well, loved me so unconditionally and put up with so much insanity just to be my friend. We spent nearly every weekend at each other's houses. Her mom answered the phone once and it was me and told MyZanne that it was the other half of her Psyche (this was before caller id) and she replied without missing a beat oh good I was just about to call Valinda. The name stuck and we had an amazing connection to each other even from hundreds of miles away. She kept me in one emotional piece all through my parents separation and divorce and through my one high school relationship. I went to BYU without her and without any guarantee she was going to follow the next year. Lucky for me RMWC was missing one important thing - ME!- and she did come join me the next year. We had 1 & 1/2 years of collge fun before ElCid showed up and started to take up all my time. I got married, and she still hung around, I had a baby and I named her after MyZanne, we just call her Fred after another friend I had in high school. Then she went on a mission for 1 & 1/2 years. I was the BEST missionary girlfriend, I wrote to her once a week EVERY week and I sent her packages once a month. I had another baby and then eventually MyZanne came home. She and I still talked all the time and then after a while she got married, in the dress I had worn 4 years before. We still found time around kids and husbands to talk and it's been nearly 5 years (don't hate me if I'm off a year) since then and I love her lots and tons. We're busy being a Mommy and a school teacher and she is still my best friend after 15 years, that's half my life and I'm very blessed to have shared that time with her.

(Hey dude why aren't there any pictures of us?)

The other special spotlight is Flo/redheadsmom. When MyZanne went on her mission I couldn't call her everyday and we couldn't see each other every couple of months and I had a very small, very fussy baby. I also had a nice SIL. She joined ElCid's family 6 weeks after I did. She was the same age my sister Nan and she was all right I just didn't know her very well. I got desperate (or finally quit being a snot - you decide) and we started talking almost everyday about everything, then we were talking everyday, and then we were talking several times a day and then we were talking 2000 minutes on cell phones to each other a month. Flo is from a very similar background to mine. We have lots of things in common and while we love our in-laws we keep each other sane and entertained at long family functions. We're also going through a lot of the same things with the same aged kids and it's great to hear that your kid isn't the only one up on the adoption block this week! Flo keeps me laughing at all the hardest moments in my life. (like when she drove me to the hospital to see Lindsay and almost got in a wreck) She listens to my pointless complaining and offers opinions, insights, and straight up cold hard facts. She rescues me when I'm in over my head or tied to a bed. When the world explodes I want her on my team! I'm very happy that I got SOOO lucky in the fantastic SIL department and that she thinks so too!

4 comments:

Safire said...

You have a lot to be thankful for! And I'm loving the old pictures. :)

redheadsmom said...

We have to remedy the picture problem...thirty pounds from now! I want to go with you quit being a snot, and as for the wreck thing, Vegas traffic is a nightmare, especially with road construction. I didn't wreck your pretty green jetta now did I?

Lyndsay said...

I love this pic of u. U look great..... SO u quit being a snot? what would they call u now? hehehe J/K

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

you look so young in that pic!! i love your hair!!!